Coyuchi Bedding Review
You are here: Home/Sheet Reviews/Coyuchi Bedding Review
|Organic Cotton: $198-$298
Sheet Material: 100% organic cotton
Weave Construction: Sateen
Thread Count: 300 single-ply
Fitted Sheet Depth: Up to 17 inches
Sizes available: Q, K, CK, SK, T, TXL, F.
+ Strong Organic Cotton Fabric
+ Good Pill Resistance
+ Good Bedding Selection
+ Fitted Sheets are well sized
+ Thread Count is Accurate
– Prone to wrinkling
– We believe their solid collection over priced
QUALITY RESULTS PER TESTING
Coyuchi’s 300 thread count sheets came out to be accurate. They also passed all the other tests as well. Their sheets were nice and crisp & seemed to soften up with every wash, which seems to be a trend with organic cotton. Pilling didn’t seem like it would occur unless the sheets were poorly taken care of. Shrinkage did occur more than boll & branch & sol organics, but not by much.
– The 300 single ply sateen weave sheets actually came to be 300 TC.
– The organic cotton was long staple.
– They scored highly on the pilling test, meaning if properly cared for they would not pill easily.
– Shrinkage was minimal as well.
– They did get softer which each wash as is the case with most well made cotton sheets.
– They are listed on fairtradeusa.org (pay a premium for sheets to be made without child labor & help empower workers).
– The Sateen fabric is woven, cut & sewn in India using fair trade certified organic cotton.
– Their Organic Linen Chambray Collection is woven in Portugal from flax grown in France.
– Their Organic Percale & Organic Jersey Sheets sheets are sourced and woven in India.
– Their Cloud Brushed Flannel™ Sheets & 500 TC Organic Pima Percale Sheets are made with 100% organic cotton woven in Portugal.
– Their 500 Thread Count Supima® Sateen is made from pure, organic pima cotton, grown in the USA.
Their selection is second to none. If you are in the market for organic type products they more than likely have it.
Coyuchi has a very wide variety of colors, it’s almost too tough to choose just one.
TEST FINDINGS BY INDEPENDENT LAB
CONSTRUCTION/ YARN SIZE Length of interlocked fibres
in a threadWarp: 59.41 Weft: 66.86 STAPLE LENGHT: 60s
THREAD COUNT ENDS/INCH: 208 PICKS/INCH: 96 TOTAL THREAD COUNT: 304
Result Core Construction is 300 TC, Long Staple Organic Cotton, Sateen Weave.
Long Staple Benefit Softer fabric Better pilling resistance More durable
Thread Count Benefit Better breathability Better pilling resistance Humidity elimination
Pilling Resistance Benefit Longer lifespan More durable Better feel
Result High quality luxury bedding which would last longer than regular sheets
Coyuchi was one of the first online bedding companies selling organic cotton. They are very well known in the west coast (California) which explains their more laid back style. Coyuchi provides organic cotton sheets at the similar price points as boll & branch & similar luxurious feel as SOL Organics. Their 300 thread count long staple organic cotton sheets performed really well and showed little to no sign of shrinkage. They also breathe very well. We definitely recommend them for their organic linen chambray collection and cloud brushed flannel sheets.
We found their basic solid colors collection a little pricey. If you are in the market for basic solid colors made with organic cotton, Sol Organics would be the better alternative. Out of the online sheet companies, Coyuchi has the deepest product line selection, if you are looking for anything organic within the bedroom, they more than likely carry it.
More information, coyuchi.com
- Overall Rating 80%
How We Tested: Independent labs evaluated the durability of each sheet set by testing its fabric strength, tear resistance, pilling resistance, shrinkage after laundering and appearance after laundering. We also examined its wrinkle resistance and fit to mattress when new and after multiple wash cycles. We then had consumer testers blindly rate the fabric for softness and their opinion of the feel.
Editors Top Picks