Our Review Process
Our mission here is simple: we want to help you discover, research, and select the best sheets for your bedroom. To fulfill our mission we are continually testing new brands, researching, analyzing, and improving our review process.
Subjective opinions and analysis can be helpful, especially when they are provided by experts who truly understand the product. However, we believe that objective testing data is even more critical. To that end, we try to design tests and add scoring methods to all of our reviews that provide hard data capable of revealing the product’s performance. We believe coupling objective testing data with expert analysis can create a more helpful and informative review.
SHEETS REVIEW SCORING FACTORS
We believe there are 5 top things you should test for regarding sheets which involves determining the following characteristics:
- Matrindale method- this lets you test the sheets for pilling
- Construction/Yarn Size- this tells you the staple length of the fabric
- Fabric weight- this gives the exact gsm of the fabric
- Count of Woven Fabric- this test helps you determine the actual thread count the sheets offer based on the warp & weft count.
- Shrinkage- this test helps you determine how much the sheets shrink after washing & drying.
We rate price based on comparing different brands across various thread counts and weaves/finish of the bedding.
We compare how ethically & sustainably companies product their products:
- Organic or Conventional material
- Oeko-tex/eco friendly dyes & softeners
- Fair Trade (ethical treatment of farmers/workers with fair working conditions & pay.)
We compare companies wide selection of bedding based on the following:
Majority of sheet sales in the US, are solid colors, which is the main reason selection is factored at a lower percentage.
These tests are very expensive. We believe they are worth the cost to help you make a better buying decision.
We are getting more bedding items & accessories tested. Stay tuned.
EXPLORE OUR TOP PICKS